Note: It's funny that I just posted yesterday about the Win7.dell.com, but then I found out today that the registration for the free upgrade ended January 31, 2009!
But there is still a way that you might get the disc from Dell.
You just need to call DELL's customer care dept. and meet the following conditions.
Dell Customer Care Department can still send you your free Windows 7 Upgrade for the ff reasons:
- If a system is eligible for Windows 7 Upgrade, purchased by 1/31/2010, and within the Dell return period (which is usually 21 days form the invoice date.)
- If a system is eligible for Windows 7 Upgrade, purchased by 1/31/2010, but delivered to teh customer after 1/31/2010, and withing the return period.
- If the customer order was recently cancelled due to incomplete or invalid address or similar reasons.
Dell Customer Care Department WILL NOT send you your free Windows 7 Upgrade for the ff reasons:
- If a system is not registered on the Windows 7 Upgrade website by the 1/31/2010 deadline.
- If a system is registered but the Windows 7 Upgrade
Kit was not ordered by the 1/31/2010 deadline.
So there you have it. You can just call DELL's Customer Care department 1-800-624-9897 or 1-800-964-8321 and if you're still qualified you can ask for your free copy of WIN7 upgrade courtesy of DELL.